You can’t pick and choose what parts of feminism you want. You can’t support your queer sisters but not your trans sisters. You can’t support your fat sisters but not your sisters of colour. Being a feminist means creating a positive and equal space for women. The second you start excluding women based on which characteristics you do or do not find appealing you have defeated the whole point of being a feminist.
men don’t get to decide what is misogynistic
straight people don’t get to decide what it homophobic
cis people don’t get to decide what is transphobic
white people don’t get to decide what is racist
people in positions of power
don’t get to decide what is considered oppression
that’s how we move backwards, not forwards
Someone calling a white person ‘wonder bread’ isn’t racist. It’s rude, but it’s not racist. Wonder bread as an offensive term has no weight, no meaning. It’s just something to push your buttons. Using the N-word is racist - it has meaning and weight and brings up a past that should’ve never happened. The comparison between rude and racist is like squares and rectangles - every square is a rectangle, but not every rectangle is a square. Every racist comment you hear is rude, but not every rude comment you hear is racist.
things girls do that I love:
- offer their friends sips of their coffee drinks without being asked
- scratch each others back
- say things like “smell this lotion I bought this weekend”
- compliment each other’s eyebrows
- that thing when they agree with you and their eyes get really wide and they nod their head solemnly
- throw out each others gum wrappers or chip bags when they get up
"Protests became violent when demonstrators threw a tear gas canister back at the police" will always be one of the clearest example of the fucked up way police violence is naturalized and legitimized.
I had a great day. a long, exhausting day. but a good one.
but now feeling restless bc I didn’t move enough today. and needy of…something. so I’m doing that annoying thing where I just space out and sit in front of a screen to try and escape the fussiness.
I need some self-care, in the form of non-complicated, loving cuddles tonight.
also, I miss my dad and sister hardcore rn…. which probably means i really want mothering energy.
oh, yup. that’s what I miss.
cuddles would suffice though.
* Men who don’t respect consent don’t have a special right to keep that private.
* Men who threaten violence against women don’t have a special right to keep that private.
* Men who disregard a woman’s sexual agency to objectify her don’t have a special right to keep that private.
* Men who abuse women don’t have a special right to keep that private.